Dr.V.L.ARUL SELVAN -
Consutant Neurologist,Apollo Hospitals, Chennai.
- - M.B.B.S. (1984-88) at Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai.CRRI – 1989 at KMC.
- - M.D. General Medicine (1994-97) at Madras Medical College, Chennai.Dip.N.B.
- - Internal Medicine (1999)
- - D.M. Neurology (1999-2002) at Sri Ramachandra Medical College & R.I. (D.U.),
Awards & Acheivements
- - Stood College First in the University Examinations in Anatomy (1985)
- - Received the “Hande Endowment Award” for Proficiency in Anatomy during
undergraduation at Kilpauk Medical College (1986)
Research Papers Presented
- - Right Hemispheric Dysfunction in Patients with (National Conferences) : acute
stroke, Indian Academy of Neurology
Annual Conference, Madurai, 2000.
- - Cardiac co-morbidity in patients with Acute stroke, IANCON, Madurai, 2000.
- - Clinical Spectrum of Epilepsy in 164 patients attending a Tertiary Epilepsy
- - A new classification of Striato Capsular Hemorrages,IANCON, Delhi, 2001.
- - Neurocysticercosis and Epilepsy – a case series,IANCON, Delhi, 2001.
- - A case of Hashimoto’s encephalopathy, IANCON, 2002, Lucknow.
- - Neuropsychiatric changes in patients with Parkinsons Disease, IANCON 2002,
- - Effects of a Change in Ryles tube feeding pattern in patients with acute stroke,
IANCON 2003, Vishakapatnam.
- - Correlation between lipids and carotid disease, IANCON 2003, Vishakapatnam.
- - Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation in acute stroke IANCON 2003, Vishakapatnam.
- - Hyperhomocysteinemia in patients with young Stroke, NSI Conference, Indore, 2004.
- - Endovascular management of intracranial aneurysms, NSI Conference, Indore, 2004.
- - Ultrasound evaluation of Carpel tunnel syndrome,IANCON 2006, NIMHANS, Bangalore.
- - Cerebral venous thrombosis in the elderly,IANCON 2006, NIMHANS, Bangalore.
Consultant Neurologist, Apollo Hospitals, Chennai.